THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Deep into that darkness peering

Time for me to post another new painting!
(paints really are the best thing to happen to me, no?)























Mr. Edgar Allan Poe

Done with acrylic paint on canvas. I think it took around 4 hours to complete.
I'm very, very proud of this piece. It's my first "portrait" in paint.
It's also fitting, seeing as this year was the 200th' anniversary of his birth!
My mother, Darci and myself went down to Baltimore this August to go visit Mr. EAP's gravesite. It was great fun. I'd hoped I'd be able to go to the Poe Museum to meet Gris Grimly but it's sadly not to be.

IN OTHER NEWS.
I miiight be getting a tattoo apprenticeship in the next few weeks. Maybe. If I play my cards right and build a good portfolio, I actually might have a good chance. I've got my fingers crossed!

Until next time!
~Miss Delirium

No comments:

Post a Comment